What is a swim diaper?
How does it differ from a regular baby diaper?
Are there both reusable and disposable kinds of swim diapers?
Swim diapers are diapers that are designed to hold in solid messes but not liquid ones. They are not as absorbent as other diapers, but they are lighter and more comfortable for use in the water. They can be found in both disposable and reusable styles to suit any baby’s needs or preferences.
In this article, we’ll show you some of the best swim diapers on the market. These diapers can help your child enjoy comfortable swimming and water playtime without getting weighed down with a soggy diaper in the process.
With this information, you can find the best disposable or best reusable swim diapers for your needs. Check out these options and find the perfect solution for your baby just in time for summer fun with the whole family!
Read on to pick the best swim diaper for your baby.
- Our Top Pick: I Play by Green Sprouts Swim Diaper
- Reinforced Leak Protection: Pampers Splashers Swim Diapers
- Quick And Easy Tear-Away: Huggies Little Swimmers Disposable Swim Diapers
- For Perfect Sizing: Alvababy Swim Diapers
Do I Need Swim Diapers For My Baby?
Knowing what infant swim supplies you’ll need to get your kid into the water is essential. For any youngster who isn’t toilet trained, a swim nappy is at the top of the agenda. Since they are meant to absorb liquids, including pool water, ordinary diapers do not really work for swimming.
When regular diapers are soaked in water, the substance that makes them absorbent also transforms them into a soggy anchor around your child’s waist. Once they absorb water, their absorbing activity is rendered ineffective, and their weight causes them to become droopy to the point of falling off. And once they’re spread out, they can’t contain anything within.
Swim diapers are made to withstand water and keep solids contained. So they should keep poop inside, avoiding the embarrassing situation of your kid’s feces in a public pool. Just remember that because they aren’t designed to absorb, urine will also seep through and into the pool water.
Swim Diaper Types
There are generally two types of swim diapers to choose from on the market:
Disposable Swim Diapers: Disposable swim diapers are less expensive and easier to use than reusable pool nappies, but they are less mess-resistant. They could be an excellent fit for your family if you don’t go swimming very often or if you swim many times a day.
Reusable Swim Diapers: Most reusable swim diapers are simple to clean since they can be washed with the rest of the family’s clothes. As a result, they are far more environmentally beneficial than their throwaway counterparts.
What Should I look For In A Swim Diaper?
Function and Design
A swim nappy is made to withstand water while keeping solids contained. They aren’t always made to hold liquid, but rather solid feces. Snaps on the sides make it easy to take off and on, and full protection options are also available. Make sure your swim diaper can do what it’s supposed to!
Fit and Sizing
Most swimming nappies are scaled according to weight, so refer to the package and brand sizing guides for help. If the diaper appears to be a bit too tight, don’t be startled. To keep urine and water cold, many feature cinched sides, waists, or leg holes.
Price and Value
It will mostly rely on your family’s activity and how frequently you swim. You could want to go for the most basic swim diaper that will get the job done. A reusable diaper may be more expensive up front, but it can usually be cleaned and reused several times. They often offer superior overall value because you may be able to use the same diapers until your baby is potty-trained, and this will save money in the long run.
Our Choice Recommendation: I Play by Green Sprouts Swim Diaper
- TRIM, LIGHTWEIGHT, AND COMFORTABLE DIAPER ENCOURAGES SWIMMING—Baby will move freely during swim lessons without...
- PATENTED DESIGN IS BREATHABLE, ABSORBENT, AND WATERPROOF—As the original swim diaper manufacturer, our patented...
- NO OTHER DIAPER NECESSARY! ECONOMICAL AND CREATES LESS WASTE—Save money and reduce waste with our...
The I Play by Green Sprouts Swim Diaper comes in sizes from 6 months to 4T and features snap closures for some adjustability. This diaper is made of washable polyester fabric and includes elastic at the waist and legs for comfort and the perfect fit. This option is available in five solid color options.
- This offer is a lightweight and breathable diaper that keeps your baby comfortable while in use.
- The diaper includes three layers of protection.
- Since it is built to resist swelling while in the water, this diaper is not as absorbent as some others listed here.
- The snaps may break easily on these diapers.
Option #2. Pampers Splashers Swim Diapers
- Perfect for the beach, pool, or any water activity
- Protects while they play with 360 degree Gap-Free Fit waistband
- Doesn’t swell in water like regular diapers for comfy water wear
These Pampers Splashers Swim Diapers are designed for use by toddlers and built to resist swelling when in water. They include an all-around stretchy design that helps then feel more like regular swim bottoms, and they keep your baby comfortable and mobile when wet or dry.
- These diapers include a tear-away side design that makes them easier to quickly change on the go when the time comes.
- The legs are reinforced for leak protection.
- Some customers report frequent diaper rashes for babies using these swim diapers, although this may vary.
- The diapers are scented, which may be unpleasant for some adults and babies alike.
Option #3. Huggies Little Swimmers Disposable Swim Diapers
- COMFORT STRETCH: Stretchy sides for a comfortable fit.
- NO SWELLING: Unique absorbent material that won't swell in water like diapers.
- EASY OFF: Even when wet, tear-away sides make changes a breeze.
The Huggies Little Swimmers Disposable Swim Diapers come in small and extra-small and feature colorful Disney characters on each diaper. They are available in a one-pack, a three-pack, or a twelve-pack depending on your needs, and they feature stretchy sides for comfort whether your baby is dry or wet. They are also designed with reinforced leak protection.
- These diapers are quick and easy to change thanks to the tear-away design built into them.
- The diapers feature absorbent materials that don’t swell in water.
- Some customers report frequent leaking and blowouts with these diapers.
- The tabs may pull off too easily on these diapers in some instances.
Option #4. Alvababy Swim Diapers
- FASHION & STYLISH －A trim and attractive design that has a terrific fit on any baby. It can accommodate a range...
- HIGH QUALITY, ADJUSTABLE, REUSABLE & WATERPROOF －ALVABABY swim diapers are made from waterproof 100% polyester...
- SAVE MONEY & ECO-FRIENDLY－Our reusable cloth swim diapers are designed for families who require premium products....
These Alvababy Swim Diapers come in a wide variety of colors, prints, and patterns, and they are all available in packs of two. These diapers can be easily adjusted for babies from birth to age 2 years, and they are easy to wash and use again and again. They feature an absorbent interior and waterproof exterior for convenient functionality.
- These diapers include multiple snaps on the waist and legs for perfect sizing every time.
- The diapers feature durable elastic bands as well to help hold your baby’s messes in.
- The sizes may run small on these diapers in many cases.
- The included snaps may be very stiff, especially the first few uses.
Option #5. StoreOfBaby Swim Diapers
- Material: 100% polyester. Reusable pool diapers are adjustable for 8-36 lbs babies, one size fits 0-36 months.
- Waterproof Outer and Soft Inner: Waterproof 100% Polyester with PUL,designed for holding solids. The polyester mesh...
- Enjoy Swimming: Our water diapers don't contain an inner absorbing layer because once you're swimming that layer...
These StoreOfBaby Swim Diapers come in ten different pattern combinations and are available in two-packs. Designed to be washed and reused again and again, these diapers are made of 100% polyester material. They feature a mesh interior layer that helps hold in solids and makes cleanup easier than ever before.
- These diapers include several snaps on the legs and waist so your baby can always fit snugly into them.
- The fabric is built to be stretchy for comfort and mobility while your baby enjoys swimming.
- The diapers may be too tight in the legs for some babies.
- The fabric is thinner on these diapers than on some others listed here.
Option #6. Nageuret Reusable Swim Diaper
- SAVE HUNDREDS: SWITCH TO THE BEST ECO-FRIENDLY REUSABLE SWIM DIAPER What's better than looking enviably-cute,...
- SUPERIOR QUALITY, ADJUSTABLE, WASHABLE & REUSABLE SWIM DIAPER The Nageuret line of reusable cloth swim diapers are...
- WATERPROOF & STYLISH Outer shell is made from a premium soft breathable waterproof 100% PUL polyester cloth fabric...
The Nageuret Reusable Swim Diaper comes in two water-themed prints and is adjustable for babies from 8 to 36 pounds. This choice features elastic at the waist and legs as well as an all-over snap design and stretchy material. All of these elements combine to make a highly adjustable diaper that can grow with your baby.
- The exterior is made of polyester for waterproofing while the interior is made of soft mesh for comfort.
- The diapers are made with eco-friendly functions in mind by a green company.
- The diaper may be too tight around the legs on some babies.
- The sizes may run small on this option.
Option #7. Babyganics Color Changing Disposable Swim Diapers
- The only swim diapers with color changing technology
- Core made with sustainable materials
- Provides UPF+ protection for covered areas
The Babyganics Color Changing Disposable Swim Diapers feature a unique color-changing design and are designed to prevent swelling while in water. They also give your baby UPF+ protection for all covered areas while in use, which can help you have some additional peace of mind when your little one is enjoying some fun in the sun.
- The exterior cover on these diapers is water resistant and comfortable.
- The interior core of the diapers is made from sustainable plant-based materials and is soft enough for any baby to enjoy using.
- This option may run large for most babies.
- The diapers may be challenging to put on and take off of most babies.
Did you find everything you were looking for in the world of swim diapers? It can be difficult to find the right swim diapers for your child’s needs, but with a little consideration, you should be able to choose the perfect fit from the list above.
How do you know whether or not to choose reusable or disposable swim diapers? Here are some factors to keep in mind for both:
- Reusable: Reusable diapers are better for the environment. They can be washed in a washing machine and are made of comfortable, soft fabric perfect for babies with sensitive skin. They may be tougher to find than disposable diapers, but are often adjustable so they can be used throughout many early life stages with your little one.
- Disposable: Disposable diapers are more convenient and easier to clean up. They are also more widely commercially available and can be found in a wide range of sizes. They are lightweight and resistant to swelling in water, but they may cause diaper rash in some cases.
No matter which option you choose to go with, pick from the list above and you’ll be sure to enjoy high-quality results in no time. Your child will also stay more comfortable and have even more fun than ever before with the help of these offers!
Last update on 2022-09-27 at 18:59 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.