What is a natural diaper?
How does a natural diaper differ from an organic or hypoallergenic one?
Are natural diapers non-toxic by default?
Natural diapers are made of baby-safe materials that do not contain plastic. They are usually plant-based, such as bamboo, and are non-toxic. These diapers are perfect for newborns or any baby with very sensitive skin or skin allergies.
In this article, we’ll show you some of the best natural diapers on the market. Among these choices, you’ll find a wide variety of materials, styles, and price points as well.
When you need the best non toxic diapers for your baby, you can easily find the perfect solution for your little one by picking one of the many great products on our list below.
In this article you’ll see:
- Our Choice Pick – Pampers Pure Protection Baby Diapers
- Is Sustainably Harvested – Seventh Generation Baby Diapers
- Has A Wetness Indicator – Bambo Nature Baby Diapers
- Learn the advantages & disadvantages of going natural with your baby’s diapers
Read on to find the best natural disposable diaper for your child’s needs.
Our Choice Recommendation: Pampers Pure Protection Baby Diapers
- Pampers Pure Protection diapers are crafted with thoughtfully chosen materials for dry and healthy skin
- Absorbent plant-based liner. Plant-based and polypropylene fiber, enriched with shea butter to help protect skin
- Hypoallergenic and free of elemental chlorine, fragrance, parabens, and latex* (*Natural rubber)
These Pampers Pure Protection Baby Diapers are designed to be hypoallergenic and are free from latex, chlorine, parabens, and fragrance. They are made of high-quality cotton for softness and breathability.
- These diapers come in sizes from 1 to 6.
- The diapers include a wetness indicator.
- The diapers are fairly leaky.
- Diapers may fall apart easily.
Option #2. Seventh Generation Baby Diapers
- A dry baby is a happy baby, and our Size newborn diapers provide the 12-hour protection that keeps those smiles...
- The absorbent core in our diapers is not bleached or processed with chemicals containing chlorine, which prevents...
- Our FreshAIR Breathable Layer helps release humidity and pulls moisture away from baby’s skin.
These Seventh Generation Baby Diapers come in a variety of sizes and are built to offer 12-hour protection. They do not contain chlorine, fragrance, or lotions, and they wick moisture away from your baby’s skin.
- The diapers are made with sustainably harvested plant pulp.
- The diapers are safe for use by most babies.
- These diapers may lead to blowouts.
- The fabric may tear easily on these diapers.
Option #3. Bambo Nature Baby Diapers
- Weight Recommendation: 15 to 40 Pounds. Leaks & blowouts have met their match. Our Eco-Friendly, yet supernaturally...
- Our fully breathable backsheet helps prevent rashes and new feather-soft materials keep babies comfortable and...
- Size 4 fits weights from 15-40 pounds see size chart for more details
These Bambo Nature Baby Diapers include a breathable back sheet and an absorbent core that work together to protect your baby’s skin. The diapers are free of chemicals and allergens.
- These diapers include a wetness indicator.
- The diapers are certified for use by babies with allergies.
- The diapers may still cause leaks.
- The diapers may be too rough for some babies.
Option #4. Attitude Non-Toxic Diapers
No products found.
These Attitude Non-Toxic Diapers are made from materials that do not contain alcohol, parabens, phthalates, or plastic. They are unscented and designed for babies who need hypoallergenic diapers for skin sensitivities.
- The back sheet of the diapers is made of corn starch that can biodegrade.
- The diapers are made of over 50% renewable materials.
- The sizes may run slightly large with these diapers.
- The diapers may be difficult to find in stock.
Option #5. Dyper Baby Diapers
- BETTER FOR YOUR BABY: Experience natural plant-based disposable diapers designed for sensitive newborn, preemie,...
- STRETCHY, SOFT, COMFORTABLE: Ultra soft to the touch, absorbent, and thoughtfully made with honest, clean & pure...
- ABSORBENT, SAFE, VERSATILE: Certified to the highest OEKO-TEX consumer safety standards. Clinically tested and...
The Dyper Baby Diapers come in sizes including newborn, medium, large, and extra-large and are available in packs of up to 66 count per package. They are very soft and lightweight while remaining absorbent to help reduce leaking.
- The diapers are made from sustainably sourced viscose fiber.
- The diapers can be composted.
- This option tends to run very large.
- The diaper may be more prone to causing blowouts than some others listed here.
Option #6. Earth + Eden Baby Diapers
- Superior leakage protection, clinically proven gentle on your baby's skin; free from lotions, parabens, latex,...
- Breathable outer cover helps keep baby's skin dry while the cotton enhanced dryness layer and hypoallergenic inner...
- Cruelty free - not tested on animals; Made with SFI Certified sustainably sourced fluff; Printed with non-toxic...
The Earth + Eden Baby Diapers come in sizes from newborn through size 7. They are made from sustainably sourced absorbent fluff and contain no dyes, inks, fragrances, parabens, latex, or chlorine.
- These diapers are made in a zero waste to landfill facility.
- The diapers can be purchased in large packs of up to 164 count.
- The material of these diapers is thin and may be too thin for some babies.
- The diapers become saggy quickly.
Option #7. The Honest Company Diapers
No products found.
These The Honest Company Diapers come in several patterns and are available in a pack of 80. They are hypoallergenic and safe for babies with sensitive skin needs, and they are very absorbent.
- The diapers do not contain latex, fragrances, or lotions.
- The diapers are made with sustainably sourced materials.
- This offer runs small in most instances.
- The diapers are slightly stiff and may not work well for more active babies.
Option #8. Eco Boom Baby Disposable Diapers
- 100% bamboo Viscose fiber top sheet and back sheet: ECO BOOM bamboo Viscose diapers top sheet and back sheet are...
- Super absorption core: ECO BOOM bamboo Viscose nappies adopt German high quality and high absorption material,...
- Chemical free: ECO BOOM bamboo Viscose diapers Use TCF (Total Chlorine Free) pulp, which is the most advanced...
The Eco Boom Baby Disposable Diapers feature a cotton exterior and an ultra-absorbent core inside to help protect against leaks. The back of the diaper is made of bamboo to provide more breathability and airflow.
- These diapers are free from chemicals.
- The diapers come in a pack of 70.
- The absorbent crystals may leak out of the diaper.
- The sizes may run large.
Option #9. Parasol Clear+Dry Disposable Diapers
- OUR PROMISE TO YOU: Focusing on what's best for your baby and for the earth, we offer disposable baby diaper...
- RASH FREE BABY DIAPERS: Parasol diaper features RashShield protection which is perfect for your baby's sensitive...
- PERFECT FOR ALL BABIES: Our disposable diapers are great for instant use and clean disposal. Made from stretchable...
The Parasol Clear + Dry Disposable Diapers are available in sizes from 1 through 5. They do not contain dyes, chlorine, alcohol, fragrances, or latex, among other harmful materials.
- The diapers feature rash shielding.
- These diapers are extremely soft.
- The diapers are not as absorbent as some others.
- This choice runs small.
Option #10. Eco by Naty Baby Diapers
- SUSTAINABLE PLANT BASED DIAPERS: Naty Diapers are the only diapers that prevents your baby’s skin to get in...
- COMFORTABLE AND ABSORBENT: Our Eco Diapers are created with your baby in mind, as well as the planet. These natural...
- HYPOALLERGENIC DIAPERS FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: When it comes to your baby, especially if they’re a newborn,...
The Eco by Naty Baby Diapers come in sizes ranging from 1 to 6 and in box counts from ten to 180. You can easily find the perfect number and size of diapers when you go with this offer.
- The diapers are made from plant fibers and are breathable for babies.
- The diapers are made with sustainable materials.
- The side tabs on the diapers are not very sticky.
- These diapers may fall apart easily.
Option #11. Bamboo Disposable Diapers by Andy Pandy
- AWARD WINNING BAMBOO DIAPERS - Andy Pandy is the original and trusted bamboo diaper that is better for your baby...
- ECO-FRIENDLY DIAPERS - Bamboo is a highly sustainable natural renewable resource. Our bamboo diapers are 87%...
- Our diapers are free of chlorine, alcohol, preservatives, phthalates, latex, PVC, TBT, and PFAS. They are...
These Bamboo Disposable Diapers by Andy Pandy come in a pack of 94 and in a size for babies ranging from 6 to 16 pounds. The diapers are very soft and are both antibacterial and hypoallergenic, making them safe even for babies with the most sensitive of skin.
- Customers can feel good about purchasing these diapers because the company donates to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital with every purchase.
- The diapers are designed to prevent rashes and itchiness.
- The diapers may not be as leak proof as some of the others listed here.
- The newborn size may be too large for some newborn babies.
What Are Natural Diapers And Why Should I Use Them For My Baby?
Natural diapers are generally devoid of VOCs (volatile organic compounds), lotions, and scents, and this makes them more biodegradable overall. This will also imply that they are manufactured in a plant that is focused on emission-reduction.
Some parents feel that the chemicals in regular diapers cause rashes or other side effects, and so want to avoid them as much as possible; while others are worried and concerned more about their environmental impact, and want as many sustainable options as possible. What you determine is best for you and your child is what matters the most, and using natural diapers regularly may very well be a step in the right direction.
Are Natural Diapers More Expensive Than Regular Diapers?
Non-toxic diapers are usually a little more expensive than regular diapers. However, within the natural diaper market, you may still discover a wide variety of prices between brands. When you compare the pricing per diaper at your local shop, you could find that some natural diapers are only a few cents more expensive than regular diapers.
Did you find a natural diaper that works well for your baby? With so many to choose from, it’s easier than ever before for parents to go plastic-free or at least reduce plastic waste when choosing disposable baby diapers.
Of course, you may not be completely sure you want to opt for natural diapers; if not, we’ve got some pros and cons for you to consider.
Here are some advantages to keep in mind when using a natural diaper for your child:
- These diapers are safe for babies of all ages and with just about any health concerns.
- These diapers are much better for the environment and can help cut down significantly on your household’s carbon footprint.
- These diapers work well and are designed to accommodate a variety of baby needs, so you can always find what you’re looking for.
And here are some disadvantages to remember:
- Natural diapers are generally much more expensive than other disposable diapers, which is prohibitive for some families.
- It can sometimes be difficult to find cloth diapers in stock in stores, and you may need to stick to ordering them online because of this.
There are plenty of great reasons to make the switch to natural diapers, whether your baby has sensitive skin needs or not. If you plan to use this type of diaper, choose from our extensive list above and you’ll be pleased with the results!
Last update on 2023-05-12 at 10:51 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.