If you’re a parent, you probably already realize just how essential baby wipes really are. It’s nearly impossible to efficiently clean up a baby’s diaper messes without the use of baby wipes, and these are diaper bag essentials you should always have on hand. But which are the best diaper wipes on the market?
Wet wipes called “baby wipes” are used to clean babies’ delicate skin. They are drenched in various solutions, ranging from mild cleaning agents to alcohol-based “cleaners”. Baby wipes presumably first appeared in the middle of the 1950s, when more people began to travel and needed a portable means to clean up. They often come with dispensers and come in a variety of pack sizes (up to 80 sheets or more per pack).
Due to their rough nature, some parents believe that cloth wipes are superior than conventional one-use baby wipes for eliminating solids from the skin. A New Zealand firm introduced the nation’s first-ever wet and baby wipe substitute in December 2018. Washable baby wipes, which are often little squares of fabric (such as cotton, bamboo, or fleece) that may be pre-soaked ready to use or wet as necessary, are used by certain environmentally conscious parents or those trying to save money. Most large retailers, including Kmart and Wal-Mart, had their own private label brand of wipes by the 1990s.
It can sometimes be tricky, however, to choose the right diaper wipes for your baby. That’s why we’ve gathered a list of some of the best ones on the market to help you choose. Below, you’ll find product reviews for our top seven picks so you can easily decide between them.
|1||Baby Wipes, Unscented, Huggies Simply Clean Fragrance-Free Baby...||33,098 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|2||WaterWipes Biodegradable Original Baby Wipes,â€¯99.9% Water...||68,278 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|3||Baby Wipes, Pampers Sensitive Water Based Baby Diaper Wipes,...||200,510 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|4||Amazon Elements Baby Wipes, Sensitive, 80 Count (Pack of 9)||24,305 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|5||Baby Wipes, Pampers Expressions Baby Diaper Wipes,...||20,768 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
Check out the reviews below to learn more:
- Our Top Pick: Pampers Sensitive Water Based Baby Diaper Wipes
- Contains Plant-Based Materials: Babyganics Baby Wipes
- Good For Eczema: WaterWipes Unscented Baby Wipes
- Great Flip-Top Lid: Seventh Generation Baby Wipes
What To Look For In A Baby Wipe
Wipes come in a variety of textures and moisture levels, making it difficult to predict which you’ll like. It’s also difficult to predict how sensitive your child’s skin will be to various scents or formulations. It’s probably best starting with small quantities of wipes from a few different brands before stocking up after you’ve found the ones you want to continue with. Here are some things to keep in mind when picking your baby wipe brand:
All baby wipes are not made equal, so check the formula to be sure it has all your baby requires. Some are made entirely of 99 percent water, while others feature an additional hydrating ingredient to assist your baby’s skin stays moisturized. If you’re concerned about the ingredients used in some baby wipes products, search for hypoallergenic wipes that are free of chemicals, colors, and scents.
Some baby wipes are available in a range of sizes, including large tubs and little travel packs. Some wipes products, like a box of Kleenex, are intended to release wipes one at a time. This prevents the wipes from sticking together and helps to reduce waste. Make sure the baby wipes you choose comes in the container you want.
Nothing is more aggravating than touching your baby’s bum after a blowout and having the wipe crumble into a million pieces. While thicker wipes may cost a few dollars more, they will save you money in the long term since they clean better and use fewer wipes each diaper change.
Regular wipes may cause irritation, dryness, and general discomfort in newborns with especially sensitive skin. Instead of using conventional wipes, look for a brand that is particularly designed to meet the needs of children with extra-sensitive skin. These wipes are frequently designed with hypoallergenic components and dermatologists have evaluated them.
The most popular wipes are disposable wipes, although some families choose reusable wipes since they are more eco-friendly. Reusable wipes are convenient at home, but they’re considerably more of a nuisance to keep and then wash while you’re out and about. It’s always a good idea to keep a pack or two of disposable wipes on hand just in case.
Our Choice Recommendation: Pampers Sensitive Water Based Baby Diaper Wipes
- #1 Choice of U.S. Hospitals based on hospital sales data
- Our exclusive one-wipe dispensing pop-top prevents unwanted wipes from coming out of the pack
- pH balancing formula helps protect sensitive skin
The Pampers Sensitive Water Based Baby Diaper Wipes come in three different count sizes so you can always have the perfect number of baby wipes on hand. They are one of the most popular baby wipes for newborns on the market, and they are often used by hospitals on their newborns as well. These wipes feature a pH balanced design for use on a baby’s sensitive skin.
- These wipes are designed to be thicker than many of their leading competitors.
- The wipes feature a pop-up top for single wipe dispensing with ease.
- Some customers report these wipes drying out more easily than others.
- Some babies have been known to break out in a rash from these wipes.
Option #2. Babyganics Baby Wipes
- Made without parabens, sulfates, phthalates, dyes or fragrances
- Made with plant-derived and other thoughtfully chosen ingredients
These Babyganics Baby Wipes come in several count sizes and are fragrance-free. They are hypoallergenic and free from dyes, sulfates, phthalates, and parabens. Additionally, these wipes are tested by dermatologists and proven to be safe for use on a baby’s skin, including on newborns.
- These wipes contain some plant-based materials to make them better for your baby and better for the environment as well.
- These wipes are good at cleaning up even the worst of baby messes.
- Some customers find these wipes to be too thin for their needs, although this is not a very common complaint.
- The wipes may leave behind a strange odor despite being unscented.
Option #3. WaterWipes Unscented Baby Wipes
- PACKAGING MAY VARY: Every package of WaterWipes Original wipes still contains the same pure and trusted water-based...
- NEW BIODEGRADABLE WIPE, SAME FORMULA AND PURITY: Our fragrance-free Original baby wipes are clinically proven to...
- IDEAL FOR PREMATURE & NEWBORN SKIN: The purest skin deserves the world’s purest baby wipes. Our water wipes are...
These WaterWipes Unscented Baby Wipes contain 99.9% water and the remaining ingredients are made up of fruit extracts. They are safe for use on babies with sensitive skin and are also recommended for use on babies with eczema. Additionally, these wipes are vegan, which is a bonus for some parents as well.
- The wipes are textured and thick enough to handle any cleanup needs.
- The wipes are safe enough to use on a baby’s face as well.
- Some customers find that these wipes do not move smoothly on a baby’s skin like others might.
- The wipes may be hard to pull apart from each other.
Option #4. Huggies Natural Care Sensitive Baby Wipes
- 3 refill packs of 208 Huggies Natural Care Sensitive Baby Wipes, Unscented (624 wipes total), the same baby wipes...
- Plant-Based Wipes Since 1990: Huggies Natural Care Sensitive Baby Wipes are plant-based and made with 99% purified...
- Accepted by the National Eczema Association: Hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, pH balanced and infused with...
The Huggies Natural Care Sensitive Baby Wipes come in a variety of package sizes to help you meet all your needs. They include both vitamin E and aloe to help soothe your baby’s skin and reduce the effects of diaper rash, and they are hypoallergenic for use on newborn babies.
- These wipes are pH balanced specifically for babies’ skin.
- The wipes do not have a strong smell or any fragrance.
- The wipes may leave behind lint or small pieces of the wipe material in some instances.
- Some customers report needing to use more of these wipes than other brands to get the same job done.
Option #5. Mama Bear 99% Water Baby Wipes
- Made with 99% purified water
- Each wipe is made with a touch of cotton for softness
- Hypoallergenic and fragrance free
These Mama Bear 99% Water Baby Wipes are hypoallergenic and free from fragrances, and they contain cotton to make them more comfortable for your baby’s skin. They are mild enough that they can be used for cleaning up your baby’s face as well, which makes them excellent multi-use products.
- These wipes come in a convenient package with easy top-down access for use with one hand.
- The wipes do not contain parabens, alcohol, or phthalates in their ingredients.
- Some customers report these wipes having a stronger smell than most of the others on this list.
- The material of the wipes may be rougher than some of their competitors.
Option #6. The Honest Company Designer Baby Wipes
- 100% plant-based baby wipes and made with over 99% water
- Extra Large, Thick and Soft; Gentle and Durable
- Hypoallergenic; Dermatologist-Tested
The Honest Company Designer Baby Wipes are plant-based baby wipes that come in cute, printed designs. These designs are meant to make baby-changing more fun and whimsical, which is entertaining for you and your baby both. Additionally, the wipes are 99% water, which makes them safe for use even on a newborn baby’s sensitive skin.
- These wipes come in smaller packages that are easy to transport in a diaper bag.
- The plant fibers used in these wipes are sustainably harvested.
- Some customers have trouble removing these wipes with one hand.
- The material of these wipes can sometimes feel drier than others listed here.
Option #7. Seventh Generation Baby Wipes
- Seventh generation free and clear sensitive baby wipes are made for your child's sensitive skin
- Thick and soft baby wipes for a gentle clean that is safe for baby, hands, and face
- Our unscented baby wipes are fragrance free, Alcohol free, Paraben free, and Phenoxyethanol free
These Seventh Generation Baby Wipes are designed to be thick enough to get the job done but soft enough for babies to remain comfortable while in use. They are free from alcohol, fragrance, and parabens, and they are ideal for babies with sensitive skin thanks to their hypoallergenic ingredients.
- These wipes are made with partial plant-based materials, which is better for the environment as well as for your baby.
- The box of wipes has a flip-top lid which makes it easy to access while changing your baby.
- Some customers report small pieces of fabric from the wipe may sometimes be left behind on the baby’s skin after wiping.
- In rare instances, the flip-top lid on the container may not snap closed tightly enough, which can cause the top few wipes to dry out.
Did you find the right baby wipes for your child? Each wipe has its own strengths and weaknesses, so take your time choosing the one that meets your needs the most.
What are some factors to keep in mind when picking baby wipes? Here are a few to keep in mind:
- Mild enough for baby’s skin: Wipes should always contain mostly water, with only baby-safe ingredients making up the rest of the list.
- Capable of cleaning well: Of course, a baby wipe should be thick enough to clean up bigger diaper messes.
- Good for the environment: Many modern baby wipes are better for the environment because of their construction, their biodegradability, or both.
- Available in bulk sizes: You should always choose baby wipes you can buy in bulk, rather than those that come in only small, portable containers. Stocking up on baby wipes is essential!
- Easy to access with one hand: Finally, pick baby wipes that come in a container that allows you to grab one easily with one hand. You may also choose those that are sold with a reusable container instead.
In the end, if you choose one of these options from our list of top picks above, you’re sure to be pleased with the results. These high-quality baby wipes are ideal for babies of all ages, so pick the one you like the looks of the best and see for yourself what makes them stand out!
Last update on 2022-09-27 at 18:59 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.